Lincoln Lawyer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
SWMBO brought this one home from the dreaded REDBOX.....and it couldn't have been much better.

I saw the disk showing a greased back pretty boy lawyer and panicked.;)

Amazingly it was GOOD, really good.

No spoilers, but it wasn't a "plot twist" based movie.(previously, the only way I believed a lawyer movie could be interesting)

Haven't seen the movie. I'll check it out.

But the "dreaded" redbox? I love the redbox. It worked great when I worked on tugboats. Rent it in maine, watch it on the ride down, then return it in Boston. And $1 a day can hardly be beat unless you have a Netflix subscription. For me, since I don't watch that many movies, a subscription wouldn't be worth it. Redbox almost completely meets my needs. It's an absolute triumph of capitalism.

Yeah I had low expectations when I rented this movie...but damn was I surprised at how good it was...it makes me feel like I should have bought the movie, it was that good!

To be honest I was a little be let down by the movie.

SWMBO and I both read the novel beforehand, and although the movie was decent, there's a lot that they had to leave out for the movie, so much so that I found the plot (which I already knew) to be a bit thin...

SWMBO thought the same thing, and we have friends who didn't read the novel and only the movie and loved it.

Yeah, we have netflix and 3 kids. So 1 redbox vid can cost us $3 sometimes.

Movies are NEVER as good as the book.

The first LORD OF THE RINGS came the closest for me to doing the book justice. Downhill from there.

Honestly, I didn't know LL was a book.

I just finished reading "The Fifth Witness" by Michael Connelly (the author of "Lincoln Lawyer") involving the same character. Don't know if they could make it into a good movie though. Same problem with plot development from book to movie.

THE SHINING may be the worst movie ever as far as "sticking to the book" but is IMHO one of the BEST movies ever.

A movie has to be a movie, and a book has to be a book. Any movie that is a page for page adaptation of a book would be the WORST movie ever.

Yeah I had low expectations as well, and then was pretty blown away by it at the end. I like surprises like that. I went because my GF likes MM and wanted to see it.

Yeah I had low expectations as well, and then was pretty blown away by it at the end. I like surprises like that. I went because my GF likes MM and wanted to see it.

WOW!

No way I would have been dragged to the theatre. You are a better man than I! And the laugh's on me. it was a good movie!

The courtroom scenes are typical Hollywood, but the scenes where he's interacting with his clients are pretty good. I've had the "you need to pay me" and the "why are you lying to me" talk with clients plenty of times.

Uncanny. SWMBO and I watched it last night. I did not expect much, but I really enjoyed it.

Latest posts

Back