LHBS sold me 6mo expired yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mufflerbearing

Reaction score
They told me to just make a starter or use ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399774602.397659.jpgthis and it would be fine. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew and I don't care for the new format so much.

Wlp005. Sorry forgot to mention that.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew and I don't care for the new format so much.

I think that if they didn't give you a discount you might want to find another shop. That said, do a starter and if it comes to life do another starter and brew.

Would it be ok to do a starter with my wort then pitch that in the fermenter? Just let my wort chill overnight.

It'll be just fine if you use a starter... that said, the fact that they didn't offer a discount on it means crappy business practices. I'd drop my LBHS like a hat if they treated me like that... just my 2 cents.

I will pull 1 liter from this wort and make a starter tonight and pitch that into the rest of the wort after it gets going good. I thought of this after I started the mash. Thanks and I will bring it up next time I'm there for sure.

Back