Lesson learned..I need a nap.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waverz

Reaction score
Now the weather is a little cooler I decided instead of hauling my fermentation bucket downstairs to do its thing that instead I would just use the nice cool empty corner of my bedroom. Everything was fine the first night, last night was a completely different story.

First I stayed up too late researching parts for a diy RIMS tube. When I finally did lay down all I could focus on was about every five minutes the airlock would make a fairly loud gurgling noise. I thought about moving the bucket into another room so I could sleep but figured eventually I would forget about it and fall asleep.

After about a half hour of that I had had enough! I got back out of bed and moved the bucket into the other room and I managed to fall asleep shortly after.

A couple hours later I awoke to what sounded like a small bomb going off in my kitchen. At first I was confused and didn't know what had happened then it hit me. I got back out of bed again again to find the lid had blown off the bucket and the kitchen wall was dripping with beer.

I got to spend the next 45 minutes cleaning up beer instead of sleeping.

Lesson learned. The brew bucket needs to stay downstairs.

I need a nap.

:D
Lesson number two: always use blowoff tube..... lol...
when the ceiling had drips of brew.....yeah, that was the last time I used an airlock....even if I am damn certain it's not gonna blow.....
go get a nap....

I remember trying to leave the fermenter in the bedroom once. It was the most convenient space. About 10 minutes after I went to bed I got up and put it in the dining room. It was like (sweet hoppy) water torture.

If it makes you feel any better I had a lid blow off my bucket yesterday - first time in a long time. Cali Ale yeast is a beast.

Latest posts

Back