Lemongrass in Primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevo2569

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I was supposed to put 1 oz of Lemongrass in the last 5min of boil. But Maybe i misread the recipe and I didnt do it. It's been almost three weeks now. I thought I could boil enough water to cover the 1 oz with it and add like a dry hop. So can I put it in primary for three days then rack to keg???

Lemongrass seems like a pretty mild flavor to be only using 1oz... but yes, you could very well do that. You might get better extraction from it if you simply drop it into the keg instead, though.

I meant yes, go ahead and boil it and then drop into the keg rather than dropping into the fermenter. That way you can give it more contact time with the beer. But again, your plan would work well also.

Yeh. After doing some more research, I found you can add at flame out or in fermentor or both. Thanks for advise. I dropped in the fermentor after boiling in about 2.5 cups. Probably won't do much but I'd rather have a little then a whole lot of it come through.

Latest posts

Back