Lemon-Lime seltzer water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reverendnathan

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'd like to dedicate a keg tap to some flavored water, and I'd like to ideally keep it 0.0% ABV. I've extracted citrus flavors in the past doing a tincture with hard alcohol, just wondering what one would do to make a "calorie-free" Sprite more-or-less and how to handle citrus additions?

I assume the best method would be to press out fresh lemon and lime juice to an appropriate ratio and quantity, and dilute with RO water. Will I expect rapid staling, however? Is extract the way to go, here? And does anyone have a suggestion for amounts?

Coming in at this blind. Whatever advice given here I'll put into a recipe next week and I'll let you all know the results!

Been doing this for about a year, mainly so I have a refreshing low-cal option besides beer. I've tried various mixes. For a 5gal corny keg, I've settled on 5 gal of store bought water and 6-8 oz each of lemon and lime concentrate (the regular bottled kind available in the grocery store).

I force carb at 20-25 psi for a few days then dispense through a 10ft length of beverage line.

Tastes pretty close to La Croix for a fraction of the cost. It still tastes good after a month, assuming it lasts that long.

There's probably lots of ways to make seltzer water. Interested to hear from others...

Been doing this for about a year, mainly so I have a refreshing low-cal option besides beer. I've tried various mixes. For a 5gal corny keg, I've settled on 5 gal of store bought water and 6-8 oz each of lemon and lime concentrate (the regular bottled kind available in the grocery store).

I force carb at 20-25 psi for a few days then dispense through a 10ft length of beverage line.

Tastes pretty close to La Croix for a fraction of the cost. It still tastes good after a month, assuming it lasts that long.

There's probably lots of ways to make seltzer water. Interested to hear from others...

This sounds great! Why the store bought water. If my water is low in alkalinity should it be fine as is?

Golden, CO should be fine as is. I lived in Denver/Boulder several years. Based on my brewing experience with this water, I think it should be fine for seltzer.

Latest posts

Back