lemon blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshesmusica

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I tried finding someone using lemon juice instead of lemon peels, but I couldn't find anything. Wanting to do a summer blonde, but just using straight up lemon juice. in 25L, does anybody have a recommendation about how much is a good amount? we're looking for the lemon to really be there, but also not overriding the flavors from everything else.

I used lemon zest in a wheat beer I did and it turned out really good. I just used the zest of two medium lemons, and you could taste the citrus but it wasn't over powering which I was looking for. I was also using black pepper and wanted the lemon there to enhance. I also found this nice tool to look at hop profiles https://www.hopunion.com/aroma-wheel/

I thought that I read somewhere that someone used crystal lite lemonade to get ther flavor. Never tried it.

I used lemon zest in a wheat beer I did and it turned out really good. I just used the zest of two medium lemons, and you could taste the citrus but it wasn't over powering which I was looking for. I was also using black pepper and wanted the lemon there to enhance. I also found this nice tool to look at hop profiles https://www.hopunion.com/aroma-wheel/

thanks, i use that hop wheel often. this time, though, i'm wanting to just use lemon juice. as mentioned, i really would prefer to not have to zest lemons, as i already have the lemon juice.

The hop lemon drop has a really nice lemon flavor to it, I would seek that guy out as well.

I would be careful with the amount of juice you add; juice is going to be very acidic and could make the beer pretty tart. While zesting is more work, you'll get a lemon flavor without the sourness.

I did a tincture once and it took so much per bottle the vodka changed the flavor I was looking for. I'd just but the zest in the boil cause it worked for my lemon pepper Hef

Latest posts

Back