Left Leaf Hops in Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddy5582

Reaction score
So, first time using leaf hops.....filtering from kettle to primary fermenter didn't go so well. So I had to end up transferring all of the leaf hops into the fermenter. Will this effect my end product (a honey IPA)?

I can remove them in 7 days when I transfer to secondary/dry hop. Or should I just dry hop in the primary and leave everything in?

Thanks!

Dry hop right in the fermenter but not until your brew is completely done. I would expect that would take 10 days to 2 weeks and you know it's done by using your hydrometer. When you are done dry hopping, use something like a paint strainer bag over the racking cane or autosiphon held on with a rubber band wrapped around it and sanitize the whole works before you put it in your beer. This will keep hop particles out of your bottling bucket so they don't plug up the bottling wand or get in the bottles.

Back