Leak in banjo burner regulator, fixable?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anico4704

Reaction score
There seems to be a small leak in my banjo burner regulator. It is this exact model:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_406405-1337...AWELAID=1706951220&kpid=4136586&"cagpspn=pla"

The leak is right after the dial on the way to the burner in the copper piece where it connects the hose to the dial. Its like it needs to be screwed in more, though I don't think thats really a screw type fitting. Is there a way to possibly fix this? The leak is very small but it is definitely leaking as per a soap/water mix bubbling at that spot.

Are you talking the brass connector to the dull aluminum regulator body on the hose side? It certainly looks like a threaded fitting to me with that hex on it. I would get a tube of rectorseal 5 at any hardware store, unscrew it, apply the thread sealant and screw it back together.

ill try that out....i think its a compression fitting but i will check again you may be right.

Latest posts

Back