Last of fresh cider still usable?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remy

Reaction score
I have a plan to make hard cider from local orchard fresh cider we’ve been storing jugs for several weeks one exploded in the fridge I assume because of natural fermentation process It got left out for several days unknowingly just found out as we were planning to Move the Cider into the firm and tater and add yeast and we were wondering if we can still use the half gallon of apple cider if it’s been sitting out seeing as when we add the east in the Seiter to the car boy it’ll be sitting at room temperature also or will we ruined 3 gallons of cider by adding half a gallon that sat out?

firm and tater
I figured out this was fermenter after a good laugh.

the east in the Seiter to the car boy
But I can’t puzzle this one out past what I assume was meant to be yeast. Yeast in the what?

Is the half gallon left out the one that previously exploded?

Test the half gallon left out. First look at the surface, any signs of mold? If not, drink some. If it tastes good then it’s probably fine to add to the other three gallons.

Epic fail on voice to text? firm and tater = fermenter; east in the Seiter = yeast in the cider.

Why not combine them all and let the wild ferment take over? I would.

Wow yeah I need to proof read I guess lol
So skip the cider yeast and just combine and let it go?

We have done quite a few batches of wild, and have not been overly satisfied. We just finished kegging all of our wild from October 2019, and it was finally useable after 15 months. We ended up with a black currant and two apple versions. Wild ferments are an acquired taste for sure, and have decided we will not be doing it again.

We have done quite a few batches of wild, and have not been overly satisfied. We just finished kegging all of our wild from October 2019, and it was finally useable after 15 months. We ended up with a black currant and two apple versions. Wild ferments are an acquired taste for sure, and have decided we will not be doing it again.
My experience is very different. The wild yeasts that my ciders carry is no different than commercial yeast.

Latest posts

Back