Lasko ceramic heater Model 102

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyR

Reaction score
I know that most are not using the small ceramic heaters for their fermentation chambers but if you are looking for one or want one on the cheap, I just found a stack on the closeout isle at my local walmart.

I didn't find it online but at least my store in ATL had about 5 of them marked down to $5.00 from $20. Not sure if I'll use it if I build a chamber but for putting my stuff in a closet in the winter it would be fine. And for $5 I"m sure I can find another use for it somewhere.. :)

BTW it was the Model 102 with the blue front if that matters to you. Listed as MyHeat Assortment Pk, Model 102, UPC 46013 76513

This is the exact heater that I use in my fermentation chamber, and it works great! I use a large upright freezer with an STC 1000 temp controller. I just run the cord between the door and cabinet and it seals just fine. The only thing to look out for is, if you need a large temp jump, the safety override may trip and shut the heater off. Once you get to your desired temp, it works great.

Back