LARGE batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exc503

Reaction score
I have been home brewing for years, mostly 5 gallon batches, extract and all grain. Recently I was asked by a family member to brew beer for a wedding, they know that I normally only brew 5 gallon batches, so they are ok with that as long there is something.

But does anybody know of anywhere to send a recipe to scale up and brew a larger batch version maybe 1 or 2 full size kegs?

For actually brewing them (i.e. renting bigger equipment) look for a brew on premises close to you. The times I've gone they have you brew a full 15gal batch to keg. So you'd only need to find an online software to scale up your recipes. I haven't asked if they'll do contract brewing or not.

yup, check out and see if there's any brew on premises around you. They're more expensive than brewing a few batches yourself but you'll save a lot of time so it might even out in that sense.

Or, you can go to the regional threads on this forum and see if anyone is your area who brews bigger batches and maybe get them to help you out.

I heard rumors of a brew on premises, I guess that's what I am looking for. I thought about brewing a couple of batches, but I thought one large batch might yield better over all results and consistence, vs, 3 small 5 gallon batches brewed over 2-3 weeks, as at the moment i only have equipment enough to maybe pull of 10 total gallons at a time.

Guess i could brew two side by side, and them mix them together 50:50 into fermenter or kegs.

Back