Lagunitas New Dogtown Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageSteve

Reaction score
Just picked some up yesterday, and I really like it-- a moderately hopped, gently malty APA with loads of citrus (grapefruit!) flavor. Very good mouthfeel, and it goes down very smoothly with a long lingering hop flavor in the finish, ending with just a little bit of caramel sweetness.

After abusing my taste buds with lots of IPA's lately, it's nice to drink a more balanced pale ale. I tried Lagunitas Censored Ale a long while ago, and I didn't really care for it, but they have redeemed themselves with this beer.

Tasty!

-Steve

I'm drinking one right now, just after drinking a Stone Pale Ale, and I am just blown away by this beer.

Totally my favorite now.

-Steve

i just finished brewing a batch of their ipa, my scale broke so i just guessed at the amount of hops to add. it turned out pretty good. im gonna have to get some of that dogtown. sounds like a good choice if my local bevmo/liquor wherehouse has it.

Back