Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rednekhippiemotrcyclfreak

Reaction score
Getting ready to brew Lagunitas Cappuccino stout. The BYO 250 recipe says to add 4 ounces of coffee in the secondary. Do you suppose this just means 1/2 cup of brewed coffee?

I've heard of most people just using ground coffee, but that was usually in the boil or the mash. I suppose you could just rack on top of either strong brewed coffee or coffee grounds in the secondary but it might get a little messy.

I'd look into cold brewing some coffee concentrate. Takes a bit longer, but you'll get a smoother (less acidic) flavor to the brew.

4 oz of brewed coffee is not going to do much. I'd wager it is 4 oz of coarsely ground coffee steeped for several days, that is one method of doing it.

Just don't keep it on the coffee too long. I am trying to figure out how to de-coffee a caffeinated coffee stout I left on coffee for 1 month...

Time will make it better. I thought my espresso porter was the worst beer I ever brewed, at first... Sat on 4 oz ground coffee in secondary for 3 weeks. It was very bitter from the coffee, almost undrinkable. After a couple months in the keg, hooked to the tap, the bitterness is gone, it it is one of my favorites ever! Just kicked the keg yesterday and now I'm sad, wish I would have brewed another batch sooner.

Just don't keep it on the coffee too long. I am trying to figure out how to de-coffee a caffeinated coffee stout I left on coffee for 1 month...

Latest posts

Back