lagering in bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ender

Reaction score
'ho,

I've made a Schwarzbier from Jamilz recipe and have transfered it to secondary and my Lagerator this past Sunday. I would like to give a few bottle away for Christmas but I have a question. The beer will be in the kegerator for at max four weeks. I will have it carb'd up and will bottle some. the question is will this be enough time for this beer?

If it's not enough time will bottling it and telling the recipients to keep it in the fridge for a few more weeks be all right?

Thanks,
Ender

-I'm smelling a lotta If comming offa this plan-

You know, I don't see why not. I often lager after kegging to free up space and to put my mind at ease. That works just fine. Beer ages and rounds out just fine in the bottle.

TL

My pleasure. I should have been more clear above by saying that I often lager in the keg (as opposed to a secondary), carbonated and all. That works just fine, so I don't see why a bottle would not work.

TL

Back