Lactobacillus Timing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am working on a Kentucky Common and cold crashed the fermenter at 1.015 (started at 1.045 with San Diego Super Yeast).

I then added Lactobacillus Delbrueckii to the secondary and am fermenting/aging at 70 degrees.

I understand that I am above the recommended IBU range for Lacto D, but at 20 IBU's I'm hoping it doesn't cause too many problems. How long will it take to sour for me?

Sorry to say, but I suspect it will not sour at all. You might be lucky because the abv is low, but all the simple sugars are gone.

Sorry, this will be no help to you currently, but I thought I'd share... I'm 3 days into my first sour fermentation. I made a 1.031 wort for a Berliner Weiss. I pitched the Lacto first (I pulled 2L for my Sacc starter, which is in the fridge now after a day on the stirplate). The carboy has been at 100F now for three days, and it's starting to taste sour today.

Lacto eats the complex sugars that yeast cannot, so I'm not concerned about that. moreso with the amount of time it will take to do it's thing

Latest posts

Back