Label For My Hefe..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maveric777

Reaction score
I quit trying to make them to complicated (gives me a head ache...lol). I was just looking for simple and effective. I know I am going to need to change the font but wasn't sure what to use. Thinking if I went with a normal Sans font it would conflict with the font on the front (I may be crazy though). I just used the same font as the Bean Family Brewing under my logo.

Suggestions please.....:mug:

Great_White_Hype_1.jpg

To be honest, I like it just as it is. If I were to make any changes at all, I would weight the font for "Great White Hype" the same weight as "Hefeweizen". That's the only thing that looks slightly out of place.

Thanks Enderwig! Now that you bring it up it does stand out a tad. I'll do some tweaking to it...

P.S. Thanks for some input.... I was beginning to think it was bad and everyone was trying to be nice by not saying anything...Ha Ha!

i like it alot. very nice wish i had the talent to do labels like that.I would try it if i seen one in the store

good stuff man...me gusta!!! the only suggestion i would make is taking out the quotations from Great White Hype...imho it takes away from the title-nature of that section of the label.

how did you set it up so that the boxer picture/shield sat inside the rest of the color? i am having trouble using my logo/shield since it posts a whole square including white, not just the blue of my shield...any suggestions dude?

again great job!!

:drunk:
good stuff man...me gusta!!! the only suggestion i would make is taking out the quotations from Great White Hype...imho it takes away from the title-nature of that section of the label.

how did you set it up so that the boxer picture/shield sat inside the rest of the color? i am having trouble using my logo/shield since it posts a whole square including white, not just the blue of my shield...any suggestions dude?

again great job!!

Thanks! As far as having Mike (my dog) stand out on the image goes all I can say is layer, layer, layer.... I think I have 12 different layers on that image right now so far. One cool thing is you can lay them on top of each other.

One big thing I found not to long ago is "Color To Alpha"... This tool absolutely rocks. What it does is allow you to change any color you choose to transparent. Takes a little time to get use to the tool and it will be a life saver.

If this post makes little sense... Just blame it on the brew tonight.....:drunk:

I like the central design, but would suggest going with a san-serif font for the side areas. This will make it much more readable.

Most imprtantly, is that a Boxer, Am. Bulldog, or Am. Pit Bull Terrier? (guessed in order of likelyhood)

We have a Boxer, she's the smartest person in our home... really!!! I like to tell people she's the best person I know.

Schlante,
Phillip

I like the central design, but would suggest going with a san-serif font for the side areas. This will make it much more readable.

Most imprtantly, is that a Boxer, Am. Bulldog, or Am. Pit Bull Terrier? (guessed in order of likelyhood)

We have a Boxer, she's the smartest person in our home... really!!! I like to tell people she's the best person I know.

You where right first guess Mvk, I remember seeing him and thinking "Is there a such thing as a white Boxer?" (I didn't know much about them at first). We rescued him from a Boxer rescue in Little Rock, Arkansas. I have never in all my years seen a dog with more personality (you aught to see the "Go To Hell" looks I get from him trying to get him to go outside for a bathroom break when it's cold outside...lol)

He was all huffing and puffing in the pic I used for the label. Here is a better view of him.

l_17d3887276d9437790a184b1b5863f39.jpg

l_b0ee6dbc29ea4c0ebb9f904bad85833f.jpg

Getting back on subject.. I'll play around with fonts and see what I can come up with.... Thank for all the input yall!

Thanks for all the advice yall. I took a lot of it and think it came out much cleaner now (you can actually read whats written...lol). I changed the fonts on both sides. I also made the Brew/bottle dates a tad larger than the rest.

I made the Hefeweizen smaller to equalize up with Great White Hype on the top. I also removed the quotation marks off the Great White Hype. Went ahead and added 12oz and the ABV which I forgot to do on the first one.

Better?

Great_White_Hype_2.jpg

label looks killer man...the only suggestion that i would make is using that font on the sides that you had in the first picture

i think there is something to be said for a slightly difficult to read font...especially in your case because it went well with the font you used for the "great white hype" and "hefeweizen" texts. that is the only thing (and i mean) only thing i think i could even come close to suggest changing...the rest is spot on

cant wait to see it on a bottle dude!

lol... Now I don't know what direction to go. There is good argument for both sides of this one..... I actually like the look of both fonts to be honest..... I am thinking about sticking with the fancy font (first image). I'll sleep on it and see what I think tomorrow. I just bottled it so I got a bit of time to make up the old mind.

Thanks for the input GloHoppa.....:mug:

I like this design quite a bit... what dimensions do you design to when creating your label?

I think it is 800x600 on GIMP. I like creating them a little larger then crop them down when I put the on a sheet in Microsoft Publisher. I like doing this due to it eases possible rough edges on circles and what not. Once I move the image over to Publisher I crop them down to 3 1/2" width (I don't worry about length do to it keeps it in its original perspective). The bad part is I can only fit 4 labels on one sheet. I am fine with that thought now that I found a local business that uses one of those high dollar laser printers, and only charges me around 50 cents per sheet. They come out with a nice shine like a real label and don't smear.....

Latest posts

Back