Label cutter, anyone with experience/ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicoolai

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm curious if anyone have made any tools for cutting labels?
I imagine a press-tool of some kind, with rows of cutting-shapes, that could be pressed through a sheet of paper, and give labels with custom shapes.

I just have no feasible idea of how to create the cut-shapes.

Nicoolai said:
Hi,
I'm curious if anyone have made any tools for cutting labels?
I imagine a press-tool of some kind, with rows of cutting-shapes, that could be pressed through a sheet of paper, and give labels with custom shapes.

I just have no feasible idea of how to create the cut-shapes.

I haven't, but my wife has used some stuff that might be what you're looking for. She has stuff for scrap booking to cut out shapes like a small press. She also has presses that put designed into corners or edges of paper for larger pieces. Check out Jo-Ann's or Michael's stores for those things.

I haven't, but my wife has used some stuff that might be what you're looking for. She has stuff for scrap booking to cut out shapes like a small press. She also has presses that put designed into corners or edges of paper for larger pieces. Check out Jo-Ann's or Michael's stores for those things.

Oooh, this is brilliant.
I just have to make butterfly-shaped labels! That could be really funny.

This thing:
http://www.cricut.com/home/

As is, it has different shapes loaded onto cartridges, and you can pick from those and have it cut out the shape. But, there is a company that sells an aftermarket firmware for it. Once it is loaded, you are able to make whatever custom shapes that you want!

FWIW, I don't have one. I looked into it as an option for something I was working on a while back, but it was more $ than I cared to spend for that project..

Latest posts

Back