• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Colorado Lab Grade Stir Plate (Will Stir 5 gallons)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad2287

Reaction score
!!!SOLD!!!

I am selling a Barnstead Themolyne Cimerac Stir Plate only. The heat function DOES NOT WORK. It gives you an error that the themocouple is not working. This might be fixable but I have no clue and have never tried. The stir plate will stir 5 gallons which you can see in the pics (The vortex is in the 8 gallon pot seen in the previous picture). I am in Denver if you would like to pick it up. I also have extra stir bars and could include one with the sale. I will ship but it is fairly heavy.

$120

What size stir bar is required for this? Does it work with most car boys? Definitely interested and I could pick up from Denver possibly even tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

What size stir bar is required for this? Does it work with most car boys? Definitely interested and I could pick up from Denver possibly even tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It will not work on better bottles that I am sure of due to the large protruding hump in the middle. The flatter the bottom better. Probably will work on glass but I have not actually tried it, only on the five gallon pot. I am near Florida and Mississippi if you would like take a look. For large volumes a longer stir bar around two inches is probably best.

I have an old lab stir/heat plate. It rocks.

GLWS.

Agreed. The quality of lab grade stir plates is second to none but also leads to the higher price.

This is also still available and I will do $120 shipped and will include a 1" and 2" stir bar.

I use one of these and it is awesome, picked mine up for $2 because the ceramic was broken on the top but the heat function works great as well. (Use the heat function to keep my bullet casting molds up to temp.)

Great price though for this unit, tempted to buy it just for the ceramic piece.

Back