Kweik Slurry Pitch Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porterguy

Reaction score
I pitched about 2 teaspoons of Voss slurry 72 hours ago. At about 30 hours there was no sign of any fermentation, so I added another two teaspoons. At about 60 hours...still nothing. I pitched another 3 tablespoons this time, and 9 hours later, nothing. How long should I wait to see something? It was slurry off the bottom, so had trub mixed in with it. I still have another 3-4 tablespoons I could pitch, but I don't want to overpitch (or have a yeast explosion). Thoughts? Comments?

I normally go by milliliters/ounces and not teaspoons. Can you take a look at a yeast pitching calculator and see what it says? It has to do with the age of the yeast slurry, the amount of visible non-yeast, the size of the batch, etc.

I'll take a look at some calculators. I was just going based on what people on various Kveik threads have said about how little you need, and recommendations for as little as a teaspoon being enough for a five gallon batch.

Back