Krispy Kreme

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnGonk

Reaction score
So how freakin great are krsipy kremes after a drunkin stuper? Especially on a long ass train ride home from the city.

They're unique. Super sweet.

When they opened one near us, the cops had to direct traffic around it for days.

I prefer Tastee or some Korean joint that gives me a bunch of free extras.

Went in the local KK this morning for a cappucino and a dozen assorted to take home. I was gonna just go with the glazed, but got a half dozen blueberry cake and half dozen glazed. Those cake donuts are awesome!

Went in the local KK this morning for a cappucino and a dozen assorted to take home. I was gonna just go with the glazed, but got a half dozen blueberry cake and half dozen glazed. Those cake donuts are awesome!

Yeah, holy crap the blueberry cake ones are insanely good. I ended up grabbing a dozen assorted to take home from NY.

Now that I'm back in Michigan, I want to see how Krispy Kreme's pumpkin cheesecake donut stacks up to Dunkin Donuts'.

Are crap (or would that be Krap?).

We've got a local joint here - Paula's Donuts - that blows them all out of the water.

KK came into the market here, lasted about 3-4 years and have since bowed up to a far superior donut. Their storefront here is now a Vitamin World, which i find to be a rather humorous change in target market.

http://www.paulasdonuts.com/

Are crap.

We've got a local joint here - Paula's Donuts - that blows them all out of the water.

KK came into the market here, lasted about 3-4 years and have since bowed up to a far superior donut.

http://www.paulasdonuts.com/

I have to agree. KK is too worried about mass production to make anything worth eating. If it wasnt for their annoying ad campaign nobody would even care. Sadly both reasons are putting far superior shops under. I always try yo find the local mom and pop shops to eat at. The cost is sometimes a bit more but better food and service are worth it.

I really miss Amy Joy's over in Elyria. Biggest bestest donuts. Hall's pies is gone too,used to get warm cream sticks there. KK is at the new Sheets up on the corner,but Giant Eagle's donuts are better,imo.

My son had a job at Krispy Kreme. We got donuts every night by the box full. We ODed.

Now it's been a few years, we're ready for more!

Non existent in my midwest neck of the corn. They use to be here but fizzed out. I only remember(short time they were here) that their donuts were crack,basically.

Krispy Kreme during a drunken stooer!? That's the best you can do? Don't you people have a White Castle?

Krispy Kreme during a drunken stooer!? That's the best you can do? Don't you people have a White Castle?

Finally, someone who knows what's up!

When I read the OP that was exactly the thought that rang through my brain pan.
Donuts and a beer buzz? Really?

I'd trade a whole box of donuts for a bag of sliders any day - and especially if seriously buzzed...

Cheers!

Finally, someone who knows what's up!

When I read the OP that was exactly the thought that rang through my brain pan.
Donuts and a beer buzz? Really?

I'd trade a whole box of donuts for a bag of sliders any day - and especially if seriously buzzed...

Cheers!

I agree as well! But when you got a nuce buzz goin...and in Penn station in NY, theres no sliders. : ( Grabbed the Krispys instead.

I agree as well! But when you got a nuce buzz goin...and in Penn station in NY, theres no sliders. : ( Grabbed the Krispys instead.

Penn Station? Ugh. A couple of decades ago I when I was in the mainframe biz I did a lot of installations in the Penn Station area. The customers wouldn't let us start until the wee hours of Saturday morning, and we'd usually get things wrapped up in the wee hours of Sunday morning, and would emerge in fairly ravenous condition, looking for sustenance.

I can't count how many times I saw "things" - ostensibly human - emerge from the bowels of Penn Station, with an appearance that would make eating anything virtually impossible for any observer of average intestinal fortitude, at least for a good half hour to let things settle back down.

Sliders, donuts...fahgetaboutit. Things you cannot unsee but sure as hell wish you could will wreak havoc on an appetite.

Seriously, they ought to just nuke the whole block and start over...

Cheers!

We have some White Castle to our liking here at the Walmarts in the freezer section.:D I havent bought any yet but now maybe I have a mission. The more towards Chicago the more the White castle, the more towards the Walmarts the more white castle.

We have some White Castle to our liking here at the Walmarts.:D I havent bought any yet but now maybe I have a mission. The more towards Chicago the more the White castle, the more towards the Walmarts the more white castle.

That's because both White Castle and Walmart are from vaguely similar geographic areas (sick to my stomach though that makes me to admit).

ugh white castle use to love them till i lived next to one for 4 years and it was the only food place open past 10

Latest posts

Back