Krausen stuck to carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrgrimm101

Reaction score
New brewer here.

Im brewing 5 gallons right now and I had install a blowoff hose because the airlock started leaking foam.

It has since stopped foaming so aggressively but the foam is stuck to the sides of the glass.

Is this normal? Could this cause any problems or does it just mean lots of cleanup?

Heres a photo

1396563499537.jpg

After you rack fill the entire Carboy with hot water and a scoop of oxiclean free, leave it over night an let the magic happen. I'll never scrub a Carboy again!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yep, nothing like having to clean a carboy. Especially a glass one. Oh yeah, when you get it all wet and slippery with detergent and.......ahhhhhhhhhhh! Frankenstein

Suggestion: Get a bucket for the primary

We've found a way we like even more - after KOTC does his general cleanup and still has a 5 gallon bucket with a bleach solution, he swishes about a gallon of that in the carboy, then upends it with the neck in the 5 gallon bucket of liquid. It lets the water sit in the shoulders/neck of the carboy without having to fill it with 5 gallons.

I'm pretty sure he read about that on here someplace, but not sure to whom the credit goes!

Latest posts

Back