Kishi Bashi--East Coast Tour--GO!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerFingers

Reaction score
Ok everyone,

Have to tell you about a great act you need to check out in a city near you.

Kishi Bashi, a violin virtuoso that uses delay pedals to layer sounds in breathtaking ways, is on tour. Saw him last night in Jim Thorpe, PA and it was an amazing show! A lot of people may have caught his solo stuff on youtube or NPR, but he is out promoting the new record and has an awesome band behind him. I saw him 3 weeks ago open for Rodrigo y Gabriela as a solo act and he just killed it! Last night's show with the band brought the same intensity, but way more sonic power.

There were young people, middle-aged, and even older folks in the crowd. A lady in her late 60's happened to sit next to me and when the show was over, she was practically speechless....all she could muster was "wow, that was incredible."

You will be blown away! They played for almost 2 hours ---songs from both albums, a couple on neither, and an blistering cover of "Live and Let Die." Actually probably the best Beatles cover I have ever heard live, and it was more incredible being that the 4 musicians were drums, bass, banjo, and violin--no guitars!

If you like Philip Glass, Yes, Beach Boy's "Pet Sounds" or just need a shot in the arm of great musicianship and songs, look no further! Take the wife, the kid, your girlfriend, whomever...just get out and enjoy the last days of summer....its a great show!

http://www.kishibashi.com/shows/

Back