Kieselsol + Gelatine for fining, any luck?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceBrews

Reaction score
Vinoferm Klarvit is a product that use 2 liquid components (kieselsol and gelatine). I searched the internet for reviews, but did not find any. I'm just interestend what kieselsol and gelatine does and why would they work together? If anyone can share anything about this, that would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Personal preference, just use gelatine on it's own and it works perfectly. That's been my experience anyway.

I do not have any experience with Klarvit.

If you're interested, here's my process with gelatine (actually, its the Brulosophy process, I just copied it)...
- Chill beer to below 50*F (gelatine works best with cold beer)
- 1/4 cup cool water
- 1/2 tsp gelatin
- Sprinkle gelatin into water
- Microwave in 7 sec bursts to get to 145 - 150*F (usually about 4-5 bursts)
- Stir with thermometer in between bursts to monitor temp
- Add to keg

What if you're going to bottle condition, do you need to transfer to secondary and then use the gelatin and what's is the difference between liquid gelatin and the powder form?
I just bought that product so i need to use it, maybe I just use the gelatine I dunno yet.

Personally, if you're going to bottle condition, I'd use this. I've never used it but other people on this forum have. There's no need to heat it, mix it, etc. This is a liquid that's ready to use. I would dose each bottle with a measured amount using these syringes. I just did quick math so don't use my numbers but in your scenario, at the smallest dosage rate, each bottle would require .024mL and these syringes are graduated in .01mL lines. If it were me, this is how I would go about it.

Thanks for the advice, I guess i'm going to try the product I have, probably wont hurt the beer. The instruction are pretty forward and will create a solid sediment that falls to the bottom. Won't be needing it in a few weeks though.

Back