Kicked the keg... FAST

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jotakah

Reaction score
Threw a surprise birthday party for SWMBO last night...:fro: it was a great time and I had a keg of lager (light lager @ 7.1%abv... total party beer) dedicated for the occasion.

I couldn't believe how fast it went! :drunk: Less than 2hrs into the party an amigo approached me saying "uhhhh.... I can't get beer to come out of the keg.." and to my surprise there was no more left :rockin:

Good thing we had plenty of backup brew :mug: all in all it was a great night for homebrewing :tank:

5 gallons seems like alot, but it's really only a little over 2 cases. Enough people hitting the 'good' stuff, and poof it's gone!! Congrats on the beer being a hit.

My best moment was with a Dark Mild at a beer fest. We were only allowed to give out 2 oz samples and one per person, but it went in a couple hours.

small test batch of pale ale, rushed it into a keg since i had a free tap, was still a bit young and not quite right so i was only pouring the odd small glass, after a couple weeks it was rather suddenly delicious, sat down to watch a dvd and poured my first real full pint, girlfriend saw the big clear foamy amber nectar goodness, rushed off with a half pint glass, fwaawaaaffaaffffffffffffpppp dry keg, sorry

Thought I'd resurrect this thread to tell the story of last night...

my friend had a big chili cookoff at his house (15 crockers of chili!! mmm)

a buddy & I each brought a corny keg of our own homebrew. We thought we'd have a fairly simple "contest" to see whose keg kicks first... his red ale or my blonde ale

:mug: my keg kicked first! slaking the mighty thirst of the chili-eaters :rockin:

man, I love serving kegs of homebrew:drunk:

Back