Kettles in Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klars

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have completed a few canned extract batches. Two were pitiful, the third when i used all malt instead of adding a ton of sugar was tasty. Sooo.....I want to buy a 6 gallon kettle and start partial boils.

Any idea on where to source a stainless steel kettle of this size in Alberta, Canada?

Thanks in advance....

Look for a restaurant supply store, or some major retailers such as walmart will carry big pots. you can always get one online. Do an amazon.com search for brew kettle.

The cheapest/best I found were at the Real Canadian Wholesale Club in Lethbridge. Same thing as Superstore.

They were nice thick Aluminum and varied in sizes but were reasonable cheap. Can't remember exactly how much but ~ $50 or $60 for an 8 gallon.

Otherwise Canadian tire and Zellers have cheap thin stainless 5G pots for under
$20

Incidentally ended buying a keg from the scrap yard and cutting off the top to making a keggle.

I'm in Montreal and was able to find a 42 litre aluminium pot at Winners/HomeSense for around $65 CAD.

Happy Holidays!!!

Brian

wow... $65 canadian for that? and that's around $1.42 american... kidding ;) .. if it's a decent thickness, that's a very good price. i'd avoid thin pots if you're going propane burners in the future. they get weak spots, then start dripping from the bottom. i had it happen to my sparge water pot before i started using a 3-keggle setup

The cheapest/best I found were at the Real Canadian Wholesale Club in Lethbridge. Same thing as Superstore.

They were nice thick Aluminum and varied in sizes but were reasonable cheap. Can't remember exactly how much but ~ $50 or $60 for an 8 gallon.

Otherwise Canadian tire and Zellers have cheap thin stainless 5G pots for under
$20

Incidentally ended buying a keg from the scrap yard and cutting off the top to making a keggle.

completely agree here, I purchased some SS pots from AHS but shipping just kills it. I recommend visit Real Canadian Wholesale store - restaurant supply chain, we have one in Red Deer you probably have few in Calgary and I was shocked to see nice, big (up to 60 liters) thick walled aluminum cooking pots (for restaurant use) for just $50-80 depending on a size. That's hard to beat price. You can also check Pro Bass Shop in Calgary and pick yourself a nice turkey fryer set with large (60 qt) aluminum pot with spigot already attached for like $100, you kill two birds at same time, you can do full boils and eventually move to AG with that set up. Check their web-site for more info, they have a good selection. Good luck!

thanks for all the input. I think I might wander to Bass Pro Shops and check out the turkey frier! Maybe there will be some great sales on for boxing day.

Merry Christmas everyone.....

Back