Kegging, what it really costs.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawai

Reaction score
Hi, I just picked up a "commercial keg" to put into my keezer for the 4th.. OF COURSE I could not get the sanke D coupler till the weekend.. OF COURSE.

My wife said.. gee.. That keg cooler.. that thing is looking good.. what can you sell it to a buddy for, he wants one too.. Then I started mumbling, got me a pencil and paper. I didn't think but about 400 or so...

I gave $75 for the used freezer, 120 for the Co2 bottle (large from medical-welding supply) 100 for the regulator cause he didn't have the fitting to use the one I had.. and about $30 for the ball lock connectors.. and about 30 for the thick pvc lines, and sixty for the "(recalled model, that you didn't tell me about soon enough) perlick SS taps, two ball lock kegs off ebay for a hundred delivered, and then two sets of shanks.. and.. well the list went on.. till about Six hundred and seventy some odd dollars. And I've not even "painted the front properly yet".

Then the keg today, 120 for the beer, fifty for the deposit *in cash.. and.. the sanke coupler was I think $40 off ebay delivered.. so.. (Commercial beer) I broke two stair treads getting the keg on the hand truck to the basement. SO.. more.. I'm putting in a cable lift.. a counterweight I've decided.. so the keg will weigh about ten pounds or so?

Sheesh.. them trips to the strip bar and all that $6-7 beers don't look too bad now.. I mean my ole lady has a pretty nice rack and all but...... (yeah I know, divorces cost a lot, but they are worth it) Porky and I, at Hooters.. the manager came out and said.. here boys.. a round on the house, you got the largest tab this place has ever seen. I spit beer out my nose.

Your experience is???

t15ffa2_cat-dude_wait_what.jpg

Dang.. I almost had beer come out my nose again.. I hate that too..

Liquid costs...

Yuengling lager,
Draft, .062 cents per ounce from the 15.5 gallon keg
Bottles, .073 cents per oz.

Coopers Canadian blond, Liquid extract, DME, Malto dextrin, no boil, just mix, half hour time to mix and get in carboy True yield unknown, 5 gallon corny keg, 14 12 oz bottles sugar'ed up and aging.
estimated at .035 per oz I may have over sugared the bottles, they maybe bombs.

All grain brew I did before, this one is having issues completing the 2nd ferment.
Appears to be 5 gallons, thou unknown yet.
Estimated at .065 cents per oz, or a total loss?? still smells like sulphur

Nobody ever said a hobby was cheap.

Back