Kegging ten gallons the easy way

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Jeff

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was kegging beer yesterday and have mentioned the process before.
Here's how I do it, have two clean and fully purged kegs, jumper two together, coming out of the gas connector on the first keg and into the beverage connector on the second keg, with a spunding valve on the second keg to control foaming and regulate the flow.
I transfer at about 20-25 psi, and ferment in kegmenters.
The beer is usually either fully carbonated or mostly carbonated at transfer.

IMG_0362.JPEG
IMG_0363.JPEG

I just figured I'd share the process with pics.
As you can see, the spunding valve, hasn't been hooked up yet in the second pic.
One could also just use the pull ring on the PRV on the second keg.

This looks great! So I can just connect my co2 tank to the stopper to my fermenter then cascade through to the second keg having the gas in connected to a tube going into some Starsan. Sounds very practical. I'm thinking 20 to 25 psi for my application would be too high and could possibly pop the lid on the fermenter as I read that happened to a person somewhere with a Anvil bucket fermeneter. I'm looking at about 2 to 3psi which would probably take a little while but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

DMF

This looks great! So I can just connect my co2 tank to the stopper to my fermenter then cascade through to the second keg having the gas in connected to a tube going into some Starsan. Sounds very practical. I'm thinking 20 to 25 psi for my application would be too high and could possibly pop the lid on the fermenter as I read that happened to a person somewhere with a Anvil bucket fermeneter. I'm looking at about 2 to 3psi which would probably take a little while but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

DMF

I use the higher pressure because I ferment under pressure, transfer carbonated beer and need to keep the CO2 in solution to keep foaming under control.

Latest posts

Back