kegging question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcook73

Reaction score
Getting ready to buy some kegging equipment ..couple of questions:
1 ..is $240 too much to pay for a reconditioned corny, CO2, and all the plumbing
2 ..anyone know of a good place to find good supplies, for fair prices and shipping
3 ..and probably the most important
..any advise on pressures ..temps ..etc ..etc
what have you guys/gals learned ..both good and bad from your past experiences

Thanks ..and Cheers:mug:

Check out Keg Connection for prices on setups. They have good shipping and great people working there. Every time I've had questions, they've been answered. Prices are in line with most of the other quality vendors too.

For temps, pressure, etc. refer to this chart.

For how to carbonate with solid results, check this sticky thread...

I would advise figuring out how many kegs you'll have in what you're going to have them in (brew fridge, kegorator, keezer, etc.), if you'll want more than one PSI range (or carbonation level) for those brews, and then design the system around that. You can start off with part of the eventual system, building as you go.

Best things I can suggest getting are all 1/4" threaded fittings for beer and gas lines (at all points), and get/use oetiker clamps instead of worm clamps. I tried the worm clamps first, thinking that I'd be changing the fittings and such. IMO, more hassle than they're worth. Almost impossible to get a leak free (gas side) connection without really going almost too far. Using the oetiker clamps, you get a much better seal, that's a full 360 degree pressure on the hose (worm clamps cannot due to the mechanism). Get the crimping tool (pretty cheap) and it becomes so easy to use them it's almost too funny. I've also removed them pretty easily (either use tin snips, pliers, or the crimping tool to remove them). If nothing else, use these on the gas lines, since you'll kill yourself hunting down leaks otherwise. I would also advise putting the CO2 tank outside the fridge/kegorator/keezer, so that you have more room for kegs of beer. :rockin: Also lets you see the pressure gauges without opening their home up.

I paid $190.71 for a CO2 tank, regulator, lines, clamps, wrench, keg, QDs, shank & hardware, tap, and handle. That included tax and shipping and handling. I bought them from beveragefactory.com, and was really pleased with their prices, and their customer service. Charging the CO2 tank cost me $25 at a local Airgas.

Back