Kegging Margarita Mix

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZBrewHaus

Reaction score
Has anyone ever legged margarita mix? If so would love some feedback. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

Cheers

i don't know if that's a question about bladder control, or a five finger discount? ;)

i'd imagine i'd be like when i keg my home made hard lemon aid....or kool-aid mix, works just fine...

lol nice catch! Totally missed that typo. Awesome yea I’ve never tried it. Thanks for the feedback!

Huh? Aren't all margaritas sweet?

just had an after thought, might be too sweet to be served as a soda pop?

honestly, i just had to look up what a margarita is. but gave a glance at the ingedients, second after water is HFCS....

edit: now i feel stupid....people just add booze to mixes don't they? i just assumed he'd mix it as directed, and it'd need some extra water for kegging?

Depends on the mix I think - I seem to remember from my college days there was such a thing as powdered drink mix that you added water and booze, but then there's the bottled mixes which I believe you simply add booze...

Cheers!

Depends on the mix I think - I seem to remember from my college days there was such a thing as powdered drink mix that you added water and booze, but then there's the bottled mixes which I believe you simply add booze...

Cheers!

and it wouldn't be a problem to pour it from a keg, onto crushed ice right? it'd just be a fizzy margarita?

so something like this would probably get you like a keg and half maybe, so 2 would make 3 kegs worth?

https://www.margaritaman.com/produc...arWkerVEwc4-Svk-rscylcTe1mof8zfRoC5m4QAvD_BwE

at this point i'm learning! might be a good trick to have in my arsenal! i know hard lemon aid, i know 2 little tubs of kool-aid works good, for alco-pop out of a keg....for $20, and be able to get a keg or two would be a good trick....

That's site is awesome - just think of the diabetes potential of all that high intensity sugar syrup they're sellin'!
Anyway, sure, it's just be a fizzy margarita, served any way you want I reckon.
But now I'm wondering if the OP had considered that the mix would gain fizziness over time...

Cheers! (Maybe "nitro margaritas" would be better? :D)

nitro margaritas

for some reason i want to look up N2O's water solubility all the sudden, i manged to hook a tank up to my co2 regulator once...served fine out of a keg also! lol

but i think a fizzy margarita would be neat! give the cold ice even more bite! i'm thinking adult slurpee?

AFAIK, margarita mix is super sweet because you're supposed to mix it with ice, soda water and tequila. If I were to keg a batch it would include a bunch of water to end up with something suitably dilute when served on the rocks.

I have mixed up 5 gallons worth of the Lasco Lime powder along with the booze, kegged it, and put it on tap with C02 before. It turned out great. The C02 will carbonate it over time, however. This wasn't a big deal to me as it didn't overly carbonate it.

I have carbonated margarita on my sodastream. It was good. We don't drink enough booze for a whole keg of it.

The device was used for many rounds of "will it carbonate?" and aptly put into storage under the bar.

so something like this would probably get you like a keg and half maybe, so 2 would make 3 kegs worth?

https://www.margaritaman.com/produc...arWkerVEwc4-Svk-rscylcTe1mof8zfRoC5m4QAvD_BwE

at this point i'm learning! might be a good trick to have in my arsenal! i know hard lemon aid, i know 2 little tubs of kool-aid works good, for alco-pop out of a keg....for $20, and be able to get a keg or two would be a good trick....

I could add this to the fermented sugar water I use for hard seltzer.

I don't have a soda stream but I do have an old school seltzer bottle that we use for cocktails. I've always wondered how carbonated milk would be on rice krispies...snap crackle fizz.

i think the rice krisppies would get soggy, because of the extra turbulence....

I have a half a corny keg of skeeter pee in my kegerator that I am not crazy about. I am thinking about adding lime juice, triple sec and tequila to make a pseudo-rita. Do you think that would separate over time or do you think it would stay homogenized?

I have a half a corny keg of skeeter pee in my kegerator that I am not crazy about. I am thinking about adding lime juice, triple sec and tequila to make a pseudo-rita. Do you think that would separate over time or do you think it would stay homogenized?

It would stay mixed.

I've done that before too.

Yes! Well Margaritas anyway! Every fourth of July used to make a 5 gallon batch a few days before our party keg it up and carbonate it. It would last for a long long time as a mixed cocktail on tap.

Cheers
Jay

I was given a couple of corny kegs that I was told held Margaritas sold at my local taverns Tiki bar during the Summer partys. $5 bills coming out of the tap all night....

I was given a couple of corny kegs that I was told held Margaritas sold at my local taverns Tiki bar during the Summer partys. $5 bills coming out of the tap all night....
There is a bar here in Redding that serves 1 of the BEST Old Fashioned cocktails. They make it in a keg every day. IT'S BOMB! All they do is add the orange peel to the glass (properly) and go to the tap. Its ridiculous!

Cheers
Jay

Latest posts

Back