Kegging adventure + my Kegerator Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skraeling

Scientist Extraordinaire
Reaction score
This has been a looooong work in progress, not so much on the building part, just convincing the wife to let me do it :)

Anyway, Hi everyone. Ive been brewing beer about a year or so now with a friend of mine and I finally had it with bottling. Got a gift card to midwest supplies and figured why not jump into kegging.

Great I have keggy stuff and no where to put it... humpf. To craigslist!

Managed to get a well working if not slightly streetwalker ish fridge for 54 bucks. Not a bad find, not the best though or the cheapest.

Its a JCpenny model fridge (I havnt dug any further into its history as far as model etc).

Here is the day we brought it home.
1378784_687159750428_921669716_n.jpg

And this is its good side. It had rust all over the damn place which I didnt see till I got to this guys house about an hour from me. Eh no matter nothing sanding cant fix anyway.

Much happier looking!
1374988_687159770388_1751814143_n.jpg

1238204_687159785358_1006531659_n.jpg

Yeah... the inside really is green. I have no idea what to do with that. Kinda has character though might leave it alone.

Thats it so far. Im usually pretty busy, so this has been over about 3 days worth.

I'm not sure what to do with the handles as of yet. Can you paint over fake wood? I also need to figure out how im going to lay out the kegs inside.

I have two, and a dual regulator, but thats a bit down the road anyway as I only have one batch ready to keg (this friday).

Cheers!

Take the handle off and replace it with something else - just my opinion. The handle should come off fairly easily, those model fridges usually you can change the swing of the doors so you should be able to take the handle off with just a couple of bolts/screws. Paint where the handle was and then put something better looking than the woodgrain handle back.

Back