Kegged My Lambic Today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksbrain

Reaction score
I brewed this one up 1/1/10 and finally pulled the trigger and kegged it.

I wasn't sure whether I should keg or bottle, but it's been a while since I bottled, so I figured keg it.

I'm still anxious about whether I should quarantine the siphon and other plastic stuff that's touched this batch, including the keg and faucet I'm using.

But for now I'm just waiting for it to cool down and carbonate.

FWIW I was a bit disappointed by the FG of 1.004. I would have thought it would have been 0.998 or something... oh well. Tastes pretty bacterial, so overall I'm happy!

Personally I would have bottled it just so that I could throw a few in the back of a closet and forget about them for a few years.

I have been meaning to brew up a lambic but I've been awfully lazy about actually brewing lately, and instead been working on designing a new rig.

I want to brew up a lambic but I am hoping I'll move with in two or three years and I want to do a full on turbid mash with raw ingredients. Give one three years, give one two years and a one year. Then blend it up for a decent amount of gueuze.

How much concern is there for CO2 equipment when kegging a sour? Regulator, CO2 lines, disconnects? Do those need to be proprietary?

Latest posts

Back