Kegerator tower cooling - advice wanted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGBBob80

Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a Keg King Series 4 kegerator with a tower cooling fan. Wondering if I should run the cooling fan all of the time? In theory, that seems like a good idea, but I'm noticing a lot of condensation form on top of the tower. Hoping to keep the beer lines cool without the mess associated with the condensation.

Temperature in the garage ranges from 50 - 55 and I have the kegerator temperature set to 35.

Condensation is a good thing.It means your tower is cool. Just get a drip tray and consider it a win

Agree that it, to some extent, is a good thing; however, what I was seeing was a more than I thought proper. After posting, I noted that the tower is insulated with a thin piece of Styrofoam, but the top piece was not. I installed a piece there and the condensation has been greatly reduced.

Agree that it, to some extent, is a good thing; however, what I was seeing was a more than I thought proper. After posting, I noted that the tower is insulated with a thin piece of Styrofoam, but the top piece was not. I installed a piece there and the condensation has been greatly reduced.
I stuffed a paper towel under the lid for the hell of it

Sounds like you are headed in the right direction by insulating the lid. I found once my keezer was moved into the basement (lower temp) my tower does stop sweating after 30 minutes.
:mug:

Back