Kegerator top

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnimalDoc

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have decided to come to the experts for advice. My kegerator is in need of some love and I want to redo the top of it. Do any of you have an idea of how to replace the top. I'm not sure how to remove the old one. Any suggestions would be great. I was thinking of replacing the top with a nice piece of hardwood but can't figure out how to remove the old nasty wood. I have included a pic. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432238482.066498.jpg

Have access to a heat gun? Could try to loosen up whatever adhesive that was used after you get the tower off.

If not, you can strip/sand down the existing top and refinish it or cut it back as far as you can and just put a new hardwood top on and trim it out to hide the old one.

Thanks badandy519! Is it safe to assume that they simply glued the top on? I can't find any type of screws or bolts holding it on. I do have a heat gun so maybe I'll give that a try. Thanks again!

Back