Kegerator Tap Leaks at end of pour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elgatovolador

Reaction score
So I kegged my first beer last week and had problems with over carbonation. As of today beer finally stabilized and I have a nice good pour with good carbonation level. This is the first time I’ve owned and used an actual tap system. My only experience is with party faucets.

Now my only problem (if it is a problem, not sure if it’s normal) is that after I pour a pint, the tap spits out about 0.5-1 fl oz of beer after I close the faucet. It happens usually about a second after I close the faucet. However it doesn’t leak after it is closed, so I don’t think it is any of the o-rings inside the faucet.

Model is a CMB V3S Faucet with Bent Nozzle, Stainless Steel, Forward Sealing, Creamer Action.

Anyone had similar issues with their faucets like I am having? Is it the model, brand? Or is this completely normal and I’m just worrying for no reason?

IMG_3789.JPG

I have not used this type of faucet before, but did you buy them on Amazon/online?
I noticed that a couple of the regular type faucets that I got on line were actually just knock-offs with different diameter outlets.
If this is the case you could be getting a bubble at the end of the faucet which once the tap is closed, pops and drains the liquid down the length of the bent part of the nozzle

What about the length of those faucets. They look kinda long. It could be the amount left in the faucet length once you close it

After pouring more beer and trying to analyze what was going on, I believe the reason is spout length just like you guys have pointed out.

I’ll just have to wait one second after closing the faucet from now on, no big deal.

Thanks for the insight!

Back