Kegerator problem.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchnorrCS

Reaction score
Hello everyone-
I have been having a lot of problems with my kegerator.
The biggest issues are either beer way way to foamy, or the beer shoots out of the faucet like a fire hose. I've tried turning the pressure way down, like 4 psi, but then the beer is kinda flat. It's bud light beer, and I've heard it should be 10-12 psi, so the flat makes sense that the pressure is too low.
I think I've identified one problem, my beer line is 1/4" ID. All I've read is 3/16 ID, so I'll replace that tomorrow.
Here's one of my big questions....
I keep hearing people talk about bubbles in the beer line. And I have that. A lot. But my question is, should the beer line always be solid beer, no bubbles, even after it's sat for awhile between pours?

Thanks in advance!

Clint

[...]I keep hearing people talk about bubbles in the beer line. And I have that. A lot. But my question is, should the beer line always be solid beer, no bubbles, even after it's sat for awhile between pours?

Ideally the beer lines should always be bubble-free, as bubbles indicate either system pressure is set below the level that would maintain the beer's carbonation level (like, setting your CO2 regulator to 4 psi on a keg that was carbed at 12 psi at the same temperature) or the beer line is warmer than the beer (which is drawn from the bottom of the keg, which is likely the coldest spot in most dispensing systems).

Obviously there are degrees of success in reaching that perfectly bubble-free scenario...

Cheers!

I changed out the beer line to 3/16 inch. Upped the pressure to 12 psi. Seems to be running well now!

Mr.-Burns-Excellent-Reaction-Gif-On-The-Simpsons.gif

Cheers! ;)

Latest posts

Back