Kegerator/keezer advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmdick

Reaction score
I have been brewing for a few years now and am considering kegging instead of bottling. I have considered buying a kegerator but would like to have at least 3 brews on tap at one time. Would I be better off building a keezer? Any advice in this area would be appreciated.

I would say build the keezer for two reasons.

1. You can build it to your specifications and create a setup that works best for you.

2. Just like with brewing your own beer, there's a great sense of satisfaction of being able to say "I made this."

I looked on these forums for a few months and came up with my design based on the advice of others. I couldn't be happier and it was easy!

I would say build the keezer for two reasons.

1. You can build it to your specifications and create a setup that works best for you.

2. Just like with brewing your own beer, there's a great sense of satisfaction of being able to say "I made this."

I looked on these forums for a few months and came up with my design based on the advice of others. I couldn't be happier and it was easy!

^^^ x2 on that. There are plenty of examples out there. Start picking and choosing the features you like the best to make whatever suits your needs.

How much does it cost to build a keezer if I was to find a decent used deep freeze? I am just trying to figure out total cost to compare with a 3 tap kegerator I found for around $700.

I am looking for a 3 tap kegerator too. I looked at the website, it helped. I came up with about $440 + freezer. That seems high? Anyway I may go withe the kegerator.

Back