Kegerator Idea - Outlets Inside Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeNomad

Reaction score
So I'm working on a kegerator build with a aquarium temperature controller and a computer fan to cool the tower. Here is my idea:

Start with a regular set-up... controller goes on top of the fridge, with one external cable going to power the fridge. Now I am thinking hmm need to power the computer fan and this temperature controller is dual stage. Rather than drill holes and route two cords out for power I could drill one hole and put an electrical outlet inside the fridge, gorilla glued to the roof. I could probably manage to have one outlet always on with some extra wiring and have the other outlet drive a brew belt if I ever wanted too (fyi I am planning on using this as a fermenting chamber as well).

So what do you think, would this cut down work or just cost extra money and expose electrical components to moisture?

I'd think the only way to do this would be with a completely sealed junction box, but even then you have some concerns about the outlets themselves being exposed.

Unfortunately, this seems like a risky plan and probably not worth the additional effort.

Latest posts

Back