kegerator I may buy... good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtockst

Reaction score
So I just looked on craiglist earlier and found a kegerator for sale. here's the link http://stlouis.craigslist.org/for/1587618286.html

I am thinking this is a pretty F'n good deal... It was new in 2000. It runs great, the guy has never had any problems with it. Everything in the picture comes with it. the half barrel comes with it. I Figured I could sell the keg or do something with it... because I have two half barrels already. And I guess I could sell the tapper. The dimensions are for the outside of the kegerator though. I imagine it's still at least as big as one of those sanyo's that people like to convert.

I figured if it runs well, then the deal can't be beat right? Thoughts?

So I just looked on craiglist earlier and found a kegerator for sale. here's the link http://stlouis.craigslist.org/for/1587618286.html

I am thinking this is a pretty F'n good deal... It was new in 2000. It runs great, the guy has never had any problems with it. Everything in the picture comes with it. the half barrel comes with it. I Figured I could sell the keg or do something with it... because I have two half barrels already. And I guess I could sell the tapper. The dimensions are for the outside of the kegerator though. I imagine it's still at least as big as one of those sanyo's that people like to convert.

I figured if it runs well, then the deal can't be beat right? Thoughts?

Buy it! I have a sanyo i paid $70.00 used on clist.I have over $300.00 invested after the dual tower c02 etc.

thanks for the feedback! I was planning on heading over to the place tomorrow to check it out... and hopefully purchase it!

You'll probably have to retest the tank before they'll refill it. Put the keg back up for sale and you're under 200 - so looks like a deal. If you sold the tapper...then what's the plan?

So I did go and pick up that kegerator.... what a steal. The thing is in great condition and I think I may be able to get 3 cornys in it. I traded the sanke tapper to a friend for some fittings for my keggles and just put some QDs for ball locks on. the tank hasn't been used since 2003... does the testing take long?

Only problem I have with it is that the faucet is very cheap. So I got a perlick to put on... and I was thinking about replacing the shank barbe on the inside of the tower. It's copper, and I don't know how well that will do in terms of cleanliness. I was going to put some new line in, so I got some free stuff from a friend. But, it's 3/16 ID and 5/16 OD and this stuff is tough! It came with 3/16 ID line already in it so I know it's the right size, but there is no possible way I can get the line to fit on the barb of my QD.

the tank hasn't been used since 2003... does the testing take long?

but there is no possible way I can get the line to fit on the barb of my QD.

The certs are good for 5 years; the welding shop I went to said I can have my actual tank tested and stamped good for another 5 years ($35) - or for the same money they gave me a NEW tank for $35 + exchange.

have you tried holding the tubing in really hot water and then jamming it on while the tubing is still hot and a bit more flexible?

yes I did end up doing that. and I finally got it on. Hahaha then I realized that I forgot to put clamps on the line. So now I have to take one end off and do it again.

I got my perlick faucet for it today, and I'm a bit confused by what some of the descriptions on web sites say. I got the 425ss faucet. The box says ss shaft and spout. apparently the actual faucet is chrome finished. But I guess the inside is all that matters right?

And... I took the old faucet off to put the perlick on... well there's some large nicks in the faucet coupling nut and it almost screwed up the threads on my new faucet. And the old shank is brass and it's nasty looking. So I guess I'll buy a new shank set up. But I can't find tower shanks anywhere! Where is the cheapest place to get a good stainless tower shank?

kegconnection.com has treated me really well.. Just converted my Danby single tap to a triple tower.. Bought everything from drill bits to shanks and SS Perlick creamer faucets.

Back