Kegerator has me stumped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerkook

Reaction score
Completely stumped here guys to the point of where I had to make a username to ask. I've searched for hours and couldnt find anything.

I have a home made kegerator that has a two tower system. For some reason one of the towers stopped pouring. I switched the taps on the lines and switched kegs and only the left one will pour out. Completely at a loss here.

I think we're going to need a bit more info. Pics would be helpful too.

What kind of kegs, faucets, QDs, etc.? Sounds like the problem is with the faucet, but it's hard to say for sure without more info.

Did it stop in mid-keg, or had it been sitting unused for a while?

OK Tap A works and Tap B stopped working.

It sounds like you tried hooking Keg A to Tap B and vice versa and no luck right? Also that you tried connecting the line that goes into Tap A onto Tap B, and it still didn't flow. Is that right?

Have you tried taking Faucet B off the tower, checking that the shank isn't plugged, then disassembling the faucet itself to see if it is plugged?

On one or two occasions, I had such a slug of crap on the bottom of a new keg that it gunked up the actual facuet. I've also plugged up the poppets in the keg, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

In addition to the advice that was given above: Are you sure that the keg that isn't pouring is pressurized? Pull the relief valve and double check. Maybe its not getting gas for some reason.

A friend of mine was having pressure problems (no CO2 was getting into the keg) on one side of his kegerator and it turned out to be the gasket on the coupler had slipped. Check for obstructions in the coupler as well as it should be easier than disassembling the tower.

I had one of my taps not pour once and it was driving me nuts. Turns out the beer froze in the line. Check that maybe?

Back