Kegerator experiences

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duskb

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I recently lost my Bev Air BM23 (along with the rest of my house) in a fire. My insurance does not require I replace with the EXACT unit but I can replace with with a similarly VALUED unit.

For the most part the unit gave me trouble. I bought it used off CL and I often struggled with mildew, interior/exterior condensation, rust, poor temperature control, a collapsed/sealed condensation drain line, and occasionally frozen or warm beer when switching kegs out.

I discovered early on, with a flashlight, some areas where light was escaping as if the door was warped or something, and I even went to the expense to replace the door gasket which didnt help at all. Since then I have seen others complain about similar problems online too. I'm beginning to wonder if this was just my bad luck or a quality control issue. Is this normal behavior for a $1500 kegerator?

I'm just curious who out there has owned these and of them who has had good/bad experiences with them, or BevAir as a company. Are they easy to deal with for warranty issues, is it worth the $1500 it's gonna cost to replace it or is there a better more efficient kegerator for the home brew enthusiast?

If they are going to give the full $1500, perhaps you should consider building a keezer and putting a Johnson temperature controller in it. From what I have seen, a 7 cu ft chest freezer will hold 4 ball lock corny kegs and a 5# CO2 tank.
:mug:

If they are going to give the full $1500, perhaps you should consider building a keezer and putting a Johnson temperature controller in it. From what I have seen, a 7 cu ft chest freezer will hold 4 ball lock corny kegs and a 5# CO2 tank.
:mug:

Great idea but no room : (. That was the upside of the kegerator, it was small and inoffensive enough to the wife that she tolerated it. A keezer would not fly.

Back