Kegerator Condensation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippyclown

Reaction score
Bought an older Bev Air kegerator and got it hooked up and runs great. Don't see any leaks when I spray with star-san but there is some liquid this morning on the floor of the kegerator. Might be coming down from the tower, which is insulated with a blower moving cold air up there, but not sure. Before I disassemble the tower and start chasing down phantom leaks, is condensation buildup normal? Maybe 1/4 cup or so of moisture from night to morning. The liquid does smell like beer but that's no surprise since there's probably a lot of dried up beer in there to begin with. I had the door open for a good half hour last night while swapping out some parts so I'm thinking the change in temp could have contributed to condensation buildup over night.

Thanks guys

zc

The condensation is supposed go into a drain pan, underneath. Is it possible the drain line is plugged?

I do have condensation coming down that line on the outside of the unit. So it's not plugged. It's the inside I'm concerned about. No leaks at the coupler far as I can see.

Back