Kegerator build questions -- Also, this forum needs a sticky!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theinterneti

Reaction score
A sticky for what you might ask?
FAQ and best build threads at least!

I have a stand up Frigidaire that was gifted to me which I'd like to convert to a proper kegerator. I already have 2 kegs and a 4-way manifold in there just running off picnic taps.

Installing the taps seems pretty straightforward. But I want to run the CO2 on the outside as well. People are running the CO2 through the side. If I'm nervous about hitting lines could I take the gas through the door?

There are times that the split between the Bottling & Kegging forum and this Kegerators & Keezers forum is nonsensical.
This is one of those times: all of the pertinent stickies you're looking for are over in the Bottling & Kegging forum.

Running gas lines through a door will be awkward. If this is a full size fridge you can almost always find safe spots in the back wall to drill holes. You can use the make and model number to hit one of the major online appliance parts outfits to pull up detailed assembly/parts drawings which can help determine where plumbing and wiring are located in the chassis and make an informed decision where to drill holes.

fwiw I have three different make/model full size top-freezer fridges in my brewery with gas, temperature probes and power for heaters and fans run into each unit - through the back wall in all cases...

Cheers!

Back