KegCo regulators. Experiences?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its something you will buy once, thats for sure cuz after they break you wont wanna buy them again. But seriously though. Ive used multiple KegCo regulators. Ive used a bunch of KegCo products in general. Most of the kegco products are good, but the regulators are not. Just spend the little extra on taprite regulators and you will be happy. The amount you will spend on refilling co2 when those break and start leaking will make up for the extra you would spend on taprite.

Taprite, thanks. So they're the real deal? I'm just used to italian regulators which are top noch, but I can't find secondaries.

Another vote for the Taprites. I think I picked mine up for around $140. No problems after 3 years of use, but I know they're easy to get parts for and rebuild if ever needed.

The price seemed like they're a better build. But are those knobs plastic?

The price seemed like they're a better build. But are those knobs plastic?

The knobs are plastic, but they're good quality. They have a pull to adjust/push to lock function that makes them nice. I would have no issues buying the exact same setup again if I ever needed to, without even considering the plastic knob issue. I'd rather have the trusted Taprite name regulator with plastic handles over a cheaply made regulator with metal handles.

Having bought the kegco I later bought taprite. Just buy the taprite and the good taps like intertap. Don't get sucked in by the lower prices as you'll spend more replacing them later when you are unhappy with them. I am very happy with my kegco kegs tho.

Awesome! Glad I came her to ask. But, is there anything further up the ladder comparing to taprite?

Back