Keg washer pump is jerking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pdaigle

Reaction score
I builded a keg washer pump with a jet pump, it seems to be running fine for a few minutes, transfer my kettles and to kegs with no issue but after a while the pump start jerking and I can see the pressure gauge going up and down and then it shuts off my breaker. Is someone experiencing the same issue, I don't know much about pumps and need help.

here is the pump I bought.
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/3-4-hp-stainless-steel-jet-pump/A-p8420739e

Difficult to say what might be wrong. First thought is your supply water is insufficient causing the pump to suck air causing the jerking. Fill a large container to draw from to see if the jerking stops.

Difficult to say what might be wrong. First thought is your supply water is insufficient causing the pump to suck air causing the jerking. Fill a large container to draw from to see if the jerking stops.
Its already from a large container but maybe I should have more water. Alsofrom my kettle to pump I use a silicone hose and all other hoses are garden mesh hoses so maybe this could be my issue?

Its already from a large container but maybe I should have more water. Alsofrom my kettle to pump I use a silicone hose and all other hoses are garden mesh hoses so maybe this could be my issue?
Are all the hoses the same inside diameter? Outflow can be a smaller diameter, but not a larger diameter.

Back