Keg-to-faucet adapter not fitting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrheinous

Reaction score
I bought a pair of these to make a Perlick pair of these for replacing my picnic taps when moving kegs around to parties over the season. They turned out to be Krome Dispense part# C109.1 and they don't fit the 630SS faucets I've got.

The ID of the coupling nut is slightly too small for the adapter to slide down to the flange (like an MFL adapter on the back of a faucet shank). Is there a special coupling nut for this adapter or has anyone gotten this to work with a coupling nut that goes with a normal shank set?

EDIT: I just noticed this isn't compatible with Perlicks. Is there a way to adapt it for Perlicks?

Well for more backstory: I'm extending my two-faucet kegerator to four-faucets and have the Perlicks but haven't gotten around to putting them in yet. Right now it's the two faucets out the side and a picnic tap coiled up inside. I'm also going to a few holiday parties in the next couple weeks and have two Xmas ales to distribute. Having the direct adapters might be a little less chaos for deck parties.

The adapters weren't that much compared to any other type of fitting in a keg setup so I got them. There's a machine shop, lathe, and CNC at work that might be able to grind down the adapter to fit a Perlick / forward sealing valve. I can't imagine there's some absolute reason why forward sealing faucets won't work - it's just that between the standard faucets and forward sealing Krome went with the more common option and it looks a like a few fractions of an inch here and there that keep it from fitting.

Back