Keg to 6 Pack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrrCabin

Cabin
Reaction score
Hey Everyone
I'm headed to a get together tomorrow and would like to show off a few of my beers.
Would it be ok to fill and cap a 6 pack from my keg? The get together is only 10 min away.

TIA
Cabin

Yeah I do it all the time with just flow control faucets. I've opened bottles months later and they are still fine.

Depending on your equipment and faucets it might be hard though. Growler are much easier imo.

Sure. Even easier is to get a growler.

One tip, put your bottles or growler in the fridge and get them cold before you fill them. Much less foam.

I use a bottling gun for this with great results. I'm assuming you don't have one of these. So what you do is put a piece of tubing over the tap to extend its reach so the bottle will fill from the bottom. Otherwise you will get heaps of foam. Also if you chill the bottles for 20 mins in the freezer before filling you will get less foam. If you can purge the bottles with co2 before filling that is best, but you probably won't get oxidation problems if you are drinking them on the night.

I use a bottling wand shoved into a picnic tap, and like above, cap on the foam. Also, reduce pressure to 3-4 psi.

Back