Keg Screw up with Star san!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaisanMaisano

Reaction score
So I've been brewing for over a year now with 20 beers under my belt. Alas, I screwed up this morning when kegging. I rinsed with half a gallon of Star San and sanitized the keg. Problem is, I left the Star San in the keg and racked my beer onto it. Anyone have thoughts on if this is going to ruin my witbier or not?? I'm not one to dump 5 gallons of beer and have only had one undrinkable beer out of 20. Any thoughts?? I'll certainly post a followup once it's carbed and tasted.

Thanks!

Half gallon of starsan eh .....try it and see . Worst thing that could happen is you dont like it . You may not even notice .

half gallon of diluted star san right?
Its less acidic than Coke...
You probably just added a little sour funk and cloudiness to it. So it may not do much depending on what beer you racked it with.
I'd agree with @Jag75

Worst case, I think you’ll end up with diluted beer. I don’t think it will cause any harm to drink it but it’s entirely your call whether or not to keep it. I say let it ride and see how it turns out.

Probably drinkable. But would I give it out? No. Live and learn. Me? Half gallon of star San? I’d dump it, don’t look back and brew again.

Tasted it today. It's a witbier Dogfishead Namaste type recipe. It tasted OK, but I think I used too much lemongrass because it is definitely lemony. Or that bit of Star San really soured it. Hard to tell. It's drinkable. Thanks for the inputs!

Back