Keg problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrskunk

Reaction score
So I have two taps, both 14 ft lines one works perfectly any psi. The other sputters at anything under 10 psi and 10+ I get nothing but a pint of foam the first pour but the second is perfect.

Any Ideas?

The sputtering suggests the small O-ring under the Out dip tube flange is defective, allowing CO2 in the keg head space to inject into the beer stream under the Out post. Except that you say a second pour is perfect, and that doesn't follow. Not sure what's going on...

Cheers!

i will try changing that out. If that's the issue I have a feeling the warm tap on the first pour is exacerbating the issue

Would one tap be appreciably warmer than the other?

If changing the o-ring doesn't help, swap the tap lines between kegs and see if the problem stays with the keg (ie: moves to the other tap) or stays with the tap.

Cheers!

actually doesn't surprise me, im using the accuflex ice machine hose....er beer tube. was such a pain getting on wouldn't surprise me if there was a kink or something

Latest posts

Back