Keg problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madcore

Reaction score
Ok so now I have my keg filled up again and drinking psi set to 3 to serve.... Come home it's at 25psi and the tap is leaking.... I purged and reset today same thing ...... Any ideals? It's the only keg attached now

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ok so now I have my keg filled up again and drinking psi set to 3 to serve.... Come home it's at 25psi and the tap is leaking.... I purged and reset today same thing ...... Any ideals? It's the only keg attached now

was it way way overcarbed to begin with?

I'm guessing not but thought I would ask.

Sounds like a regulator problem to me. beyond that I have no idea.

I didn't think it was but now it prob is

I turned the gas off and will see how much pressure builds I guess... Please someone with more exp jump in

How did you carb your keg to begin with? Did you force carb it at 25 psi for a day and then turn it down and purge the excess pressure? Or, did you let it carb slowly at serving pressure?

If you slow carbed, your regulator may be shot (or someone is screwing with you keg). If you burst carbed it at high pressure, you have to purge the excess co2. it can come out of solution right after you turn the pressure down. If you did this try purging the excess pressure a few times over an hour or so. if it keeps building to 25 psi I think that would point to a bad regulator.

I did like normal, I put it at 30psi for 24hrs (told it helps seal the keg too) the purged and turned down to sourcing pressure.

Latest posts

Back