Keg pressure wont increase

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubthisbbq

Reaction score
So I did some searches and came up empty I see lot of hits when keg pressure keeps increasing but I have the opposite issue.

So in between batches of brew I keg mineral water and have done this a bunch with no issues. But this time I kegged some water hit it with 25psi for a couple days and all was fine.. Tapped the keg and all worked fine but 3 days the keg pressure dropped to about 12 psi and no matter how much I crank my regulator it wont take more gas and stay at 12,

There are no leaks and the keg stays @ 12 psi. I switched lines and do not have anything hooked up on my manifold so just the one keg.

kinda of at a lost of what to check/fix to get my keg above 12 psi

Even though the keg is not leaking (are you sure?), have you checked all your other connection points? Are you using hose clamps at the barbs? If not, that much pressure could leak around the barb. Do they need to be tightened?
Have you tried swapping out the gas QD to make sure it isn't leaking (I had one go bad and leak on me). What about the regulator? Is the manifold leaking from one of the unused ports?

Clearly there is a leak SOMEWHERE, or you wouldn't have a problem.

Is your tank empty?

After letting some gas out the keg (pull the PRV) you should hear gas streaming in. Maybe your regulator is stuck?

SOB, the regulator on my tank was stuck so the problem was I was out of gas when I thought I had it.
Tried to fill a extra empty tank and it would fill, then check the fill level gauge and something was stuck under the needle so it would not move,

Back